Modified Terrarium

fmcc

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I've recently finished up this modified Terrarium build. Key differences from other Terrarium builds I've seen are:
  • Mounted in a 1590BB enclosure - This is slightly too shallow for the terrarium board and Daisy seed, but it fits without issue if the headers on top of the board are clipped off.
  • 3DPT for true bypass of the board.
  • Only FS1 connected to a footswitch in the enclosure.
  • Added in off-board wires from pins 22, 31 and 35 to provide two analog expression inputs, and an additional footswitch input.
  • An input for external footswitches (think Boss FS-6).
I've only got so far as writing a new Terrarium class (more in line with the examples found in the DaisySP library) to test that the hardware is working. I'll begin writing some effects using it in the near future.

Attachments

• terrarium_mod_top.jpg
    terrarium_mod_top.jpg
    624.1 KB · Views: 42
  • terrarium_mod_side.jpg
    terrarium_mod_side.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 39
  • terrarium_mod_back.jpg
    terrarium_mod_back.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 31
  • terrarium_mod_internal.jpg
    terrarium_mod_internal.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 42
I really like the layout and look of this build. The hand stamped lettering came out nice, I’m guessing that took a while.

I really like the layout and look of this build. The hand stamped lettering came out nice, I’m guessing that took a while.
Thanks! I've been doing the hand stamped lettering for years, so I'm fairly quick at it by now - the amount of repetition in the labels for this made it relatively straightforward as well. In recent years I've been creating a paper template for builds, with circles where the tip of the metal punch should go, which is the only way I've really been able to get the lettering level.

Back