DBA Reverberation Machine w/ Feedback mod

Kroars

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
After building a couple Death By Reverb pcbs from PCBMania and being disappointed with a strong muffled/super dark tone on both, I stumbled across the Space Is Fun by Moonn Electronics. Not only does this pcb just nail the RM, it’s got a couple mods to choose from as well. One is a dry kill mod that maxes out the wet signal and the other is a Feedback momentary footswitch that works in tandem with the Feedback knob on bottom right. Goes from subtle trails to chaotic craziness. It’s a wonder why this isn’t an option on the original RM. I chose to just jumper the dry kill pads because it seemed redundant considering the Blend knob, but more importantly space constraints. The Bright/Dark toggle is also really cool. The Bright is a more shimmering reverb that sounds great, but the Dark is a more cavernous with a little something else I can’t quite put my finger on -sounds equally awesome!

I would love to see this offered from PedalPCB!

I found a demo of this on YT, you can see the Dry Kill toggle between the two footswitches on that one. Check it out:

Anyone who maybe interested in the RM or maybe built the Death By Reverb and didn’t quite like it, I highly recommend this guy. Note that the build docs do not come with a drill template. I found an easy hack though. Thanks to the awesome builds docs of PedalPCB, I just took the template from the Arkaim Fuzz (which is almost exact to the SIF), then laid the pcb upside down (remember that!) over the top of the Arkaim template, and used a mechanical pencil to mark through the center pad of each potentiometer to make it exact.

Four stars for no drill template. Everything else was great.

Attachments

• E82FDDFA-9F11-4A0C-B243-3D2166766FD2.jpeg
    E82FDDFA-9F11-4A0C-B243-3D2166766FD2.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 79753656-443E-40DE-8354-8BC95B4274E7.jpeg
    79753656-443E-40DE-8354-8BC95B4274E7.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Looks good! Very neat and clean looking.

Thanks for the tip on the Arkaim fuzz, I'm planning to probably eventually build this, and I get all my pedals drilled at Tayda so I can probably use this https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/pedalpcb-arkaim-fuzz-1590bb.10410/ as a starting point for the template, even though it seems it's a different (older?) version with 4 pots on the top row. But it should at least get me in the ballpark, I'll probably get the PCB first and measure it to be sure.

Yeah, I included the dry kill on mine and then never ever used it.
I thought about it…. Would be cool in a larger enclosure where you could use three footswitches. Although, I thought the addition of a toggle wouldn’t be that helpful and it would tempt me to click it with my foot…..

Looks good! Very neat and clean looking.

Thanks for the tip on the Arkaim fuzz, I'm planning to probably eventually build this, and I get all my pedals drilled at Tayda so I can probably use this https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/pedalpcb-arkaim-fuzz-1590bb.10410/ as a starting point for the template, even though it seems it's a different (older?) version with 4 pots on the top row. But it should at least get me in the ballpark, I'll probably get the PCB first and measure it to be sure.
Thanks! Definitely get the pcb and measure it first. It’s very close to the Arkaim, but off enough to cause problems. I ended up getting a small digital calipers from Amazon (for around $30) and they’ve proven to be extremely helpful.

Thanks! Definitely get the pcb and measure it first. It’s very close to the Arkaim, but off enough to cause problems. I ended up getting a small digital calipers from Amazon (for around $30) and they’ve proven to be extremely helpful.
I've actually just used a metal ruler so far, but I do have a cheap digital caliper which probably should be good enough. It doesn't need to be too accurate, I can make the holes slightly larger too so there's some wiggle room.

I'm assembling this one now with a drilled enclosure I put together using Tayda's Box Tool. Below is the template I used, although you may want to edit it a bit. I had anticipated doing both the drykill and the feedback mods, but forgot about the belton brick's position relative to the hole for the drykill SPST. As a result I'm putting the LED in that spot and the drykill SPST between the momentary and 3pdt. Not ideal cosmetically, but it'll work. Everything else lined up pretty well.

I'm assembling this one now with a drilled enclosure I put together using Tayda's Box Tool. Below is the template I used, although you may want to edit it a bit. I had anticipated doing both the drykill and the feedback mods, but forgot about the belton brick's position relative to the hole for the drykill SPST. As a result I'm putting the LED in that spot and the drykill SPST between the momentary and 3pdt. Not ideal cosmetically, but it'll work. Everything else lined up pretty well.

Ooh thanks! So I guess if I didn't want the drykill mod, I would remove the left small hole? Leave the middle one for dark/bright, and LED on the bottom.

Ooh thanks! So I guess if I didn't want the drykill mod, I would remove the left small hole? Leave the middle one for dark/bright, and LED on the bottom.
Yep, sounds like that would work. I'm trying to think through how to get the LED to stay in that spot, but I guess the brick will hold it in place somewhat.

I picked up a number of boards from Moonn a few months back and most of them seem to line up drill template wise... the 125b designed ones at least.

Back