Dead End FX Pompei

I've thought about maybe considering adding it to my cart everytime I've visited their site...

But, then the few demos that exist really don't seem like anything grab me enough for such a complicated and specialized build. Though, the phaser portion does sound really fucking nice

Honestly the biggest thing holding me back from those massive DEFX projects is the fact that I can’t get the enclosures powdercoated and Uv printed from Tayda. My best bet is Amplifyfun faceplates, but I haven’t given enough thought to those yet except the Ludwig phase II

Honestly the biggest thing holding me back from those massive DEFX projects is the fact that I can’t get the enclosures powdercoated and Uv printed from Tayda. My best bet is Amplifyfun faceplates, but I haven’t given enough thought to those yet except the Ludwig phase II
Another really good point. If I build it, I wouldn’t do my typical … erm … rustic (?) … build. Hmmmm.

Maybe I should just pick a few bigger projects from @Robert and scratch the big build itch that way

Another really good point. If I build it, I wouldn’t do my typical … erm … rustic (?) … build. Hmmmm.

Maybe I should just pick a few bigger projects from @Robert and scratch the big build itch that way

I honestly think you could cop most of the sounds that the Pompei seems to spit out with PedalPCB boards, except for maybe the phaser. It seems to do the whooshy thing and pitch vibrato simultaneously

And, I hate the build doc 1000012842.png

I've thought about maybe considering adding it to my cart everytime I've visited their site...

But, then the few demos that exist really don't seem like anything grab me enough for such a complicated and specialized build. Though, the phaser portion does sound really fucking nice
Just to necro this thread— I think it’s important to remember the weirder, rarer, and more esoteric stuff is, the fewer people there are to make demos, and with something as complex as the Hi-Fli, the odds of someone who owns a unit being both capable of using it properly and willing to make a demo of it are pretty small. There are a handful of fantastic recordings that use the Hi-Fli though, and it’s clearly much better that the low quality online demonstrations make it seem…

At one point I found an interview with Todd Rundgren where he confirmed that he used one all over A Wizard, A True Star for all of the really rad synth guitar lines. Check out “Flamingo” and “When The Shit Hits The Fan/Sunset Boulevard” for the most prominent uses of it. I’m actually putting together a playlist of all of the known recordings of it; just gonna take a little while to get it together, but then I can share it with you. Some Genesis stuff from Wind & Wuthering, Lamb Lies Down, and Trick of the Tail, and also lots of guitar and vocals run thru it on The Groundhogs’ mid-70s albums

Back