DEMO Did someone say Nun More Black? It's a Disarray distortion (sb an Obsidius.)

This post contains an audio or video demo

xefned

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here's my entry into the “none more black” sweepstakes. I'm disappointed in myself because Diynot's NMB was an Obsidius, and Mbenbranch's NMB was also an Obsidius! I should've built a black Obsidius! But here we are: mine is merely a Disarray. I already ordered the enclosure before I knew about the NMB party.
02outside.jpg

Highly recommended. It went together easily. The LEDs light up red and blue inside. It sounds like the Marshall stack I never had.

02-inside.jpg

If you wonder how a Disarray sounds with a shitty guitarist, here you go:

The low-volume demo and crappy playing don't do this pedal justice. Even though the (directional) mic is pointed at the cab, it's still picking up the strumming in the room. I'll figure out how to do better next time.

I got the black 3pdt from LMS to complete the blackness. As you can see, the finish is already wearing off the top, and no foot has even touched it yet.
:confused:

Last edited:
Great name for it!

Thank you. I figured some people around here might recognize a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference. ;)

I don't love the font choice, but it's what the original used on the Riot so I figured I should reference that somehow.

Nice. Is that a Tayda print? Just the colour layer? Or added gloss?

Wow, I had to check the UV print thread. I couldn't remember.
Apparently, I used white + black + gloss. The white layer is probably unnecessary, and increases the chance of imperfect alignment. But I imagined it adds a tiny bit of height to make it stand out.

Sidenote: it's disturbing to discover I received the enclosure in January. And didn't box it until Sept. Yikes. Gotta up my productivity.

I think you executed the NMB aesthetics perfectly! Nice job!

Thank you for noticing my commitment to blackness. :) I even spray-painted the UV LED with a light mist of black paint. 🙃

The Taiway black 3PDT feels like the *hard click* cheaper switches that I don't like. At $5.70, it's not a great value, especially since the finish is already wearing off. I might replace that in the future.

Thanks everyone for checking it out. Love y'alls.

Last edited:
I kind of flirted with the idea of None More Black, but you actually executed it! Looks awesome, the UV printed letters create a cool contrast with the powdercoat.

I don't know what the deal is with the black footswitches. I was going to put a black one in mine (I can't remember where I got it from now, Maybe LMS?) And it felt so cheap, I decided to go with a better quality, standard silver 3PDT.

RE stomper finish wearing off — Get a Mooer plastic stomper cover for it in Black, that should last longer than getting a black-ano alloy stomper cover.

RE stomper finish wearing off — Get a Mooer plastic stomper cover for it in Black, that should last longer than getting a black-ano alloy stomper cover.
Interesting. Didn't know these things existed, thanks. Although long-term, I may do like mbenbranch and replace the black footswitch.

covers.jpg

I kind of flirted with the idea of None More Black, but you actually executed it! Looks awesome, the UV printed letters create a cool contrast with the powdercoat.

I don't know what the deal is with the black footswitches. I was going to put a black one in mine (I can't remember where I got it from now, Maybe LMS?) And it felt so cheap, I decided to go with a better quality, standard silver 3PDT.

Your thread title cracked me up, knowing that Spinal Tap reference well. Your build looks beautiful with those clear knobs, and it's much more practical on a dark stage. Mine was just a fun exercise in ridiculousness. I even painted the lines on the knob with black paint, just for silly fun.

The black stomp is from LMS (10k lbs. foot pressure required.) Tayda has one listed as light force (1.1KGf) so I may get in my next Tayda order.

Back