Dielectric Boost (Lovepedal Tchula)

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Here's a few more build reports with no demo. Just been too busy this week.
Hopefully in a couple days I can catch up with some demo's of the last few pedals.

I went on a boost buying spree and bought this board not realizing that it's really not a boost but an overdrive.

But it's a pretty cool overdrive especially with single coils.

As I understand it (after the fact) it's 2 Love Pedal Church of Tone circuits stacked. Which in turn is an Electra distortion circuit.
So basically two Electra's stacked into one another.

It definitely has that same kind of vibe as the EQD Speaker Cranker but maybe a bit more refined.
But it has that high end sizzle that I find needs to be tamed a bit. Either at the amp or at the tone control.

It's a pretty cool pedal for a simple circuit. The first stomp switch turns the pedal on and its fixed gain. There's definitely a pretty good bump in gain over unity just turning it on.

The second stomp switch turns on the second circuit which is controlled by the single potentiometer. So you can preset the amount of boosted gain and control it with the footswitch.

It cleans up really well with the volume control and you can get a "slightly dirty" clean sound with the volume rolled off. It sounds really good with my Tele and my P90 Les Paul. I'll try to get a demo done maybe this weekend.

This is the first time using the Tayda Gray Pearl enclosure. Pretty neat color!

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

Back