Does the Mini Heterodyne Receiver react differently to different amps?

spange

So I just finished building the Mini Heterodyne receiver, and it was working fine when I tested it at the shop, but when I took it home and tried it out on my amp, the gate was completely effed. It would make a constant terrible drowning noise when anything was engaged. It still sounded correct underneath the awful droning noise, but you could barely hear it. It should be noted that my amp at home is a shitty 20w solid state amp. Has anyone experienced something similar to this with this pedal?

I've the same experience with various pedal builds. They CAN sound/behave somewhat differently from one amp to another. It depends on the amp. I have a cheesy little 8" Johnson solid-state that I first test all my builds on. Then when I move to my tube amp, they almost always sound better. The amp's input impedance can have bearing on the sound/performance of a pedal. Never built a "Heterodyne Receiver" tho - so I can't say anything specific about that particular build.

Oh, maybe. I was running it through a voodoo power supply at the shop, and daisy chain connected to a one spot at home.

Back