Dual Drive - Mach 1 + Pauper

caiofilipini

Hey all,

After a silly issue (thanks @HamishR!), got this dual drive working and it sounds awesome! It's a Mach 1 (Lightspeed) on the right side, and a Pauper (Prince of Tone) on the left side:

MVIMG_20200729_162545.jpg

MVIMG_20200729_162257.jpg

It wasn't that easy, but I managed to fit them both into a 1590BB enclosure! I used a 4-pin header to connect the Pauper's breakout board to the main board. Pretty happy with the results!

Here's a quick sound clip:

I've got each pedal as a separate build, but I thought about putting 'em in one box so I could put the 3PDT order switch to flip the order, but I'm growing tired of too many pedals, too many knobs, too many switches. . . in short, too many choices. Just gotta find what you like and go with it. I've gone back to a Deluxe Reverb and use the Mach I as my "crunch channel". . . gets gritty, but stays bright, clear and Fendery. I pair that with a Pauper or Tommy and I'm good to go for most situations. With all the pedals to choose from I still marvel at how pedals that sit at the top of the heap in terms of buzz (like these three) seem to have the simplest circuits. Go figger.

if you don't mind me asking, how did you fit both in here? I love the look of this and might try something similar, but im not sure how the drilling should go :) did you use the paragon drill template perhaps?

if you don't mind me asking, how did you fit both in here? I love the look of this and might try something similar, but im not sure how the drilling should go :) did you use the paragon drill template perhaps?

Not at all!

I placed both the Mach 1 and the Pauper drill templates on top of the enclosure. If you look closely, you'll see the spacing between the top 4 knobs is uneven for the two middle knobs. The only real struggle I had was fitting the PCB + the 3PDT breakout board on the Pauper side. I used a 4-pin header to connect them (similar to the Paragon in this case), but I had to file the bottom of the PCB a little bit so it wouldn't touch the 3PDT switch. In hindsight, I probably should've used a smaller 3PDT switch and wire it by hand, instead of using the breakout board. But it worked.

Hope this helps!

Back