SOLVED Duo phase LFO ticking

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
So ive been reading that this a problem with the Duo phase. Some people have fixed the issue by moving the input wires away from the LFOs. No matter what i do the tick is still there. The trimpots do not dial out the tick either. Not sure if this is just how this is supposed to be if so its pretty much unusable. That tick only gets worse when the rate is turned up. Is there any type of shielding maybe that can done? Never had a problem like this.

Doesn't shielded wire for input and output kill the ticking?
That's what I'm planning to use for my build.
I was wondering the same thing. If it does please let us know. The buffer for me is what killed it. I’d rather go the shielded route next time. Just a cleaner look in my opinion.

I was wondering the same thing. If it does please let us know. The buffer for me is what killed it. I’d rather go the shielded route next time. Just a cleaner look in my opinion.
It'll be a while because I want to order a UV printed and drilled enclosure from Tayda and the costs associated with it mean I won't be able to place an order for months.

But I remember reading here somewhere that someone successfully used shielded wire in their Duo Phase build for input and output, grounding the shield at the jack end only.

It'll be a while because I want to order a UV printed and drilled enclosure from Tayda and the costs associated with it mean I won't be able to place an order for months.

But I remember reading here somewhere that someone successfully used shielded wire in their Duo Phase build for input and output, grounding the shield at the jack end only.
No problemo! Take your time!

It’s something I’m certainly willing to try. What would you use to shield the wires?

No problemo! Take your time!

It’s something I’m certainly willing to try. What would you use to shield the wires?
Shielded wire :) you know like Sola Sound pedals or the pickup leads in Gibson guitars. The hot wire is surrounded by a braided shield that must be grounded somewhere to get rid of any noise. In pedals it makes sense to ground it at the sleeve lug of the input and output jacks.

Shielded wire :) you know like Sola Sound pedals or the pickup leads in Gibson guitars. The hot wire is surrounded by a braided shield that must be grounded somewhere to get rid of any noise. In pedals it makes sense to ground it at the sleeve lug of the input and output jacks.
Awesome didnt realize it was that easy. Idk why I was thinking I need to buy copper tape and shield the whole inside. Although thinking about it now that wouldn’t of fixed it 😅

Back