Dynamic/Touch-sensitive tremolo (Night Wire, etc.)?

p_wats

Does anyone know of a dynamic or touch-sensitive tremolo project, like the EQD Night Wire? I'd love to play around with a harmonic trem, but also something that backs off when playing harder, etc.

Anyone tried out the Blue Warbler circuit by Jon Patton (available via jmkpcb)? It's the closet DIY project I've seen that seems to do something similar to the Night Wire in terms of dynamics.

I’ve built the blue warbler. It has a standard trem mode and warbll-y vibrato (like the Bigfoot fx Magnavibe sound). Which is kinda cool in its own right.

Honestly I like the idea of the dynamic depth, but I haven’t played with it like that enough to really say. I think the nightwire looks cool since the envelope could also control speed instead of just amplitude. I think there’s a way to do that in analog, just would take a good bit of fiddling.

I’ve built the blue warbler. It has a standard trem mode and warbll-y vibrato (like the Bigfoot fx Magnavibe sound). Which is kinda cool in its own right.

Honestly I like the idea of the dynamic depth, but I haven’t played with it like that enough to really say. I think the nightwire looks cool since the envelope could also control speed instead of just amplitude. I think there’s a way to do that in analog, just would take a good bit of fiddling.
Thanks. Maybe I'll give the Blue Warbler a shot, as it seems to do what I'm after, just don't hear many folks talking about it (maybe it's more of a niche feature than I thought!).

Thanks! I hadn't seen that one. Seem the dynamics there control only the speed, whereas something like the Blue Warbler controls the depth/amplitude of the effect (and not the speed, so both are a trade-off).
There’s a toggle to go between envelope-controlled rate, depth, or no-envelope

There’s a toggle to go between envelope-controlled rate, depth, or no-envelope
Ah! Misread that, sorry. Looks like they are sold out currently anyway. I pulled the trigger on the Blue Warbler for now, but will probably try the Old School eventually.

Ah! Misread that, sorry. Looks like they are sold out currently anyway. I pulled the trigger on the Blue Warbler for now, but will probably try the Old School eventually.
Yeah, Madbean currently is out of the switching chips for the VFE stuff, so none of them are for sale rn. I think Brian said December is the eta for the VFE chips

Yeah, Madbean currently is out of the switching chips for the VFE stuff, so none of them are for sale rn. I think Brian said December is the eta for the VFE chips
Good to know. There's also a layout for it over at Tagboardeffects, so I may try that if I feel ambitious one day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom