Effects loop attenuator

moonlightpedalbuilds

I know it is a simple circuit but I don’t know how to make one. Is it just a 100k pot through my effects loop? Basically l, I want to be able to crank my effects amp without waking up my neighbors. I mean I want to hear my effects on lower volume on my amp.

Yep, it's just a volume pot in a box. Lug 3 to Input jack Tip, Lug 2 to Output jack Tip, Lug 1 to both Sleeves.

Ive seen people run a volume pedal in there loop , so basically the same thing...Right ?

Is the Effects loop volume box better than a hot box like this..this goes in-between your amp and speakers like a Attenuator like my old Scholtz Power soak and Marshall Power brake...Google search you will have less than $20 in the 16ohm..8ohm twice that.

Thinking back i wished i would have liked to have all those Plexis and JCM800's i had back when ...i sold or traded when i got into my rack pre and effects.

When i get e nuff experience i would like to build a hot rodded 800 someday...

I just have a solid state combo amp. Nothing fancy head and cab. ?

Ok i gotcha...i was looking at one of those Amptweaker Depthfinder Depth/Pres things a few months back...i think that would be pretty cool at low volume for some Thump and extra bite

Ive seen people run a volume pedal in there loop , so basically the same thing...Right ?

Is the Effects loop volume box better than a hot box like this..this goes in-between your amp and speakers like a Attenuator like my old Scholtz Power soak and Marshall Power brake...Google search you will have less than $20 in the 16ohm..8ohm twice that.

Thinking back i wished i would have liked to have all those Plexis and JCM800's i had back when ...i sold or traded when i got into my rack pre and effects.

When i get e nuff experience i would like to build a hot rodded 800 someday...

its not any harder than pedals :) you can do it! As long as you take your time and be careful working around the caps you’ll come out with an awesome sounding amp! I put together a 50w plexi from metropolous with the parts from valvestorm over a few days. It was fun, simple, and made a great amp. I put in a switchable cascaded gain mod and a PPIMV and nothing was hard about it. It looks intimidating but If you work step by step through the instructions it all comes together cleanly and simply.

Oh thanks Chad !

I will start exploring into that world, if you have any cool informative links can you PM them to me..you build what im looking for !

Dont want to derail the thread...but my Blackstar S1104EL34 died on me today...good timing !

Mike

Back
Top Bottom