(effectslayout) GRIZZLED GRIME

Fuzzonaut

This one s based on the Dunwich Olde Dirty Bass, which itself is inspired by the OCD. It has a bi-polar charge pump, a 3-band EQ, LED and Mosfet clipping and the "Cut" switch determines how much bass there is early in the circuit.

As Dr Doom himself put it: "The circuit is derived from a OCD but like the Volt Thrower scraps most of the circuit after the clipping diodes and uses the same Bass and Treble EQ as in the Volt Thrower. However, an added Mid Boost control was included to increase the flexiblity of the EQ. Also like the Volt Thrower, the pedal was conceived to be a bass-friendly design."

In short: Great, versatile bass OD. Highly recommended.

odb.jpeg

odb-g.jpeg

Sweet build! I have a pepperbox in my queue but skipped this one as I wasn't terribly excited about the ocd when I had one for a minute years ago. I currently use a chopshop in its place. Might have to re think that move.

Sweet build! I have a pepperbox in my queue but skipped this one as I wasn't terribly excited about the ocd when I had one for a minute years ago. I currently use a chopshop in its place. Might have to re think that move.
I never played an OCD and on paper it doen't seem to be my cup of tea either. But I like this, although out of the mentioned trifecta, I would put it third, with the Wizzzzzard as a clear winner.

Back