Electric Pen Screwdriver Recommendations?

Thought it might be worthwhile to add this as an update to my original review: just plugged it in to recharge it for the first time. Almost 2 months of battery for my usage. Love this thing

Last edited:
The worst set of Precision screwdrivers i bought was the most expensive Snap On ones......horrible....plain horrible
No doubt. Snap on gets a "meh" in my book. Overpriced. Their fine tooth ratchets have too much slop in their mechanisms, too much reverse drag, and a lot of their items are just re-brands that can be had much cheaper from the OEM. If I'm buying an American Made fine tooth ratchet, SK makes a far superior model to Snap-on...IMHO.

BUT...my favorite rachet I've ever owned is a modern Koken 72 tooth 3/8" drive...tight tolerances, super low backwards drag, just a joy to use.

Hazet and Stahlwillie make great ratchets too...more teeth, but more drag too. It's a give and take.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'll use the hell out of a wiha or wera precision screwdriver. My main carry at work is a Klein 4-in-1 precision screwdriver.

BUT...I keep a set of PB Swiss precision/standard drivers and 1" driver bits in my tool bag as well. Why? Because they're made out of some combination of Adamantium, Mithril, and Beskar.

And the fit and finish...just...mere mortals are not worthy.

No doubt. Snap on gets a "meh" in my book. Overpriced.
Their stuff really took a dive a long time ago. I've got some older ratchets of theirs that are still tight enough to keep your knuckle-meat, but S-K has absolute KILLER ratchets. I don't have any, but I've played one in the store.

My dad dropped me off a giant tool box kit a couple of months ago, one of the ones that stacks and latches down, and along with it he gave me his old Bosch driver. It looks like it's been through a war zone but it's as solid as a rock and I love it.

Back