Electro vibe/ Mini vibe power supply/diodes/caps question

hendrix1201

Hey folks! So i have made quite a few vibes, from PPCB, forum vibes to the original layout with the big caps, and now is the time to build the mini vibe!

I noticed many differences tru all of these builds even to they all pretty much built the same way

The last one I made, the OG pcb, is out of this world. I put hands on a original Mayer vibe and took every data I could, and put it into my vibes.

Now, the forum vibes ive made are all made with film caps 1u instead of electrolytic caps. And there is a big difference in sounding VS the OG one.

So I was wondering if that could have something to do with it, as all the rest is the same as the OG

Now for the mini vibe.

I noticed the 78L12 supply, while in the other vibes, supply is a 15V. BUT, in the normal size electro vibe schematic, it says its all fed by 15v.

I lack of knowledge into this domain, but I wanted to know if putting a 78L15 would be "better?'

Plus, the diodes in the guide says 1n4148, but in the other vibes i used 1n4001, so I wanted to know what would be the difference between them?

I really want to achieve the sound on my OG vibe, its plain amazing.

OH, and in the mayer build, instead of using 1u electro he used for all of em, 2u2 electro, so I wanted to know what would be the impact on the circuit one vs the other?

MANY THANKS!

Back