SOLVED Electrovibe. damn bulb doesn't fit :)

xxvga

Yes I've been very busy the last couple of days. When you put in a shipment for 5 pedals worth you have to build them all when they come.

Anyway, so I built an electrovibe.
So first off, imagine my surprise when i plug it in and it sort of works first try. The effect is very very weak but I haven't touched the bias yet or done any debugging. I'll search through the forums here as I work through it.

But i wanted to post two things. Maybe you have creative ideas.

1. I used the drill template but the jacks sit too low and the pots are in the way. Not sure what to do here other than cut those holes a little higher (toward the bottom of the pedal). don't suppose I could install them on an angle somehow.

2. see picture. notice anything? the damn bulb sticks up a tiny bit higher than the frame of the pedal. I can't close it. for now I used part of the pcb template that held the pcb parts together as a gasket to give me a tiny bit more space. Am I the first with this issue?

Open to any creative suggestions.

This was a very careful build for me to ensure it worked so I'm pretty happy with the results so far even though there's still work to do. but man, the stupid bulb doesn't fit. lol

and yes I put tape around my DC jack, the switch was touching that jack. obviously i dripped the power and in/out jacks to close to the top of the pedal.

IMG_0024.jpg IMG_0025.jpg IMG_0027.jpg IMG_0028.jpg IMG_0030.jpg

Both issues will be solved with the use of a 1590BBS enclosure (1.67" vs the BB's 1.34" depth). You'd just have to make sure your jack holes stay closer to the bottom edge, but otherwise the template would be the same.

ok so i'll get a new box at some ponit. Now to figure out why it's not working properly. Went back to bias. as i turn the trim pots up the bulb brightens, actually it gets really bright....it just doesn't pulse at any point. I've read every electrovibe thread on here and it looks like i need to go back and confirm by resistor and cap values. i'll do that now. assuming those are fine any other ideas?

I used the largest step bit in the three pack you get from harbor freight and was able to drill the bottom lid thin enough without going through to make the bulb fit. fit. I wet the top of the bulb and carefully put the lid on and was able to mark the spot that way.

I used the largest step bit in the three pack you get from harbor freight and was able to drill the bottom lid thin enough without going through to make the bulb fit. fit. I wet the top of the bulb and carefully put the lid on and was able to mark the spot that way.
Ya mine won’t do that. The bulb would have to go through the case.

I think the answer is the larger case. Kills both birds with one stone. I’ll mark as solved

Now to get this thing to work

Thanks

Back