Electrovibe Mockup Pedal

I'll try to get it posted today or tomorrow.

I used L78L15 because that's what other comparable vibes use. Chuck has mentioned (and is correct) that the 15V supply isn't quite high enough for the 15V regulator to actually do it's job and suggested as 12V regulator instead. (L78L12 would work fine)
For those who want 15 volts regulated try the LDO reg
LM2937-15
It only needs 15.6 volts input to regulate. Mouser has them.

I haven't seen the schematic but will a 7660 or 1044 charge pump work with the current demands of this board or will it need the LT1054 charge pump?

For those who want 15 volts regulated try the LDO reg
LM2937-15
It only needs 15.6 volts input to regulate. Mouser has them.

I haven't seen the schematic but will a 7660 or 1044 charge pump work with the current demands of this board or will it need the LT1054 charge pump?
It lists LT1054 on the PCB & it doesn't have the Pin 1 & Pin 8 Jumper for the 7660 or 1044.

Filming a demo today with sounds and trimmer talk.
could you post a pic of your finished PCB?, my build is not working correctly and i was wondering if i could compare mine with a picture of your finished PCB for trouble shooting. my bulb lights up and pulses , the speed nobs/switch work ,the trimmers work , it passes sound in bypass but when on i do not hear anything no swishing, swooshing noises no guitar sound at all. i was hoping its an easy fix.

EdQYajQ.jpg

awesome thank you , after taking my pcb out of the enclosure i noticed it is working fine as it should now , so im thinking i just have something shorting to ground through my enclosure , i think this will be an easy fix . thank you for posting this pic it helped me go over all my components .

I used the 7371, which is 12V / 40mA.

I can't comment on the compatibility of the 75mA bulb, but the description says it's for the Forum-Vibe, which uses a similar LFO.

ok done! it work, the gain and bias trimmer is just to regulate the bulb right? how is it advisable to set it?

ok done! it work, the gain and bias trimmer is just to regulate the bulb right? how is it advisable to set it?

This is very subjective, one controls the brightness of the bulb and the other controls the slope of the bulb. You have to kind of adjust them to get it as swampy as you like.

Make sure you adjust and put the lid back on and test. Recommend getting comfortable and have fun there are a lot variations in these two controls.

last strange thing, my speed switch when it is on (LED ON) refers to the first potentiometer on the left and not to the second as in theory it should be.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-09 at 19.35asda.43.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-09 at 19.35asda.43.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 26
last strange thing, my speed switch when it is on (LED ON) refers to the first potentiometer on the left and not to the second as in theory it should be.

This is normal.

You can change it fairly easily if you'd prefer, but it seemed more logical for the Speed switch / LED to activate the speed control that it was closest to.

The first prototype was the other way around and it just felt wrong.

Back