ElectroVibe Modifications Thread

Does anyone know what the Symmetry control on the Electronic Orange Moon Vibe and RM Voodoo Vibe does?

I have a feeling it’s a topside LFO offset control. The Voodoo Vibe has a topside bias control as well.

Further investigation of the Electronic Orange manual and the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe seems to indicate that the Electronic Orange "Symmetry" control is in fact the Offset we know from the EV. The Bias or Gain control is a trim on the inside like the EV. Also, the Moon Vibe has an internal Volume trimpot, which seems silly as you can just make that resistor bigger in a fixed version.

The RM Voodoo Vibe has a bunch of stuff going on but nothing too crazy. "Symmetry" is again just the Offset control and Bias is external. I'm not sure what is happening with the Speed Range control but I assume it varies the resistors in the speed circuit to expand the range.

I'm entertaining a small breakout board for use with my EV Mini that will use these pots for external control of Offset and Gain:

Here is what I found for the mini boards, correct me if I am wrong. it could be useful to add bi-color led without using them.
  • Vibe is normal true bypass wiring.
  • Speed is like below
speed wiring.jpg

When Speed footswitch off, Speed 2 knob controls, when on, Speed 1 knob. Is it possible to inverse it? If yes could you please explain?

Cheers

When Speed footswitch off, Speed 2 knob controls, when on, Speed 1 knob. Is it possible to inverse it? If yes could you please explain?

Cheers

Since the switch goes between the 2 speeds, I wouldn’t think of it as an On/Off switch but rather an On/On.

yes when the speed led off means speed 1 knob active when the led on speed 2 knob active.

You could attack this 2 ways:

1.) Simply swap the wire that that comes into the foot switch from the LED to its opposite pole or;

2.) Use a Bi-color LED. I used Red/Blue and have a blue knob on speed 2:

88D503E7-DBA8-4B41-B397-E1955CF1F300.jpeg

You could attack this 2 ways:

1.) Simply swap the wire that that comes into the foot switch from the LED to its opposite pole or;

2.) Use a Bi-color LED. I used Red/Blue and have a blue knob on speed 2:

View attachment 22567

For the first option, speed led has a continuity on the pin 5. Should I change the opposite pole like below?

Before:
speed-wiring-jpg.21655

after
1644054374369.png

Has anybody posted what appears to be the choice hfe for the 2N5088 transistors ?
Big Monk you ROCK !
Will you post a photo of the inside of your Electrovibe with all the mods ?

Has anybody posted what appears to be the choice hfe for the 2N5088 transistors ?
Big Monk you ROCK !

There’s really nothing to see on the inside. Rather, the mods are all on board components with different values or hidden underneath the board.

Big Monk you ROCK !
I wondered this at first too but was told by others that they didn’t check transistors. I just soldered in the first 14 2N5088s I could find and it sounds 🤌

I don’t have that mod implemented yet. Was going to go in sometime this week and do it.
Just looked at the schematic— It’s essentially the wet-dry balance in chorus mode though, right? Seems useful— I’d be tempted to put it on my EV build (when I eventually get around to it) if it wasn’t for the fact that it doesn’t fit the aesthetic I’ve laid out for my build

Just looked at the schematic— It’s essentially the wet-dry balance in chorus mode though, right? Seems useful— I’d be tempted to put it on my EV build (when I eventually get around to it) if it wasn’t for the fact that it doesn’t fit the aesthetic I’ve laid out for my build

Yes. The depth of the 2 stages of phasing from the Univibe relies on the frequency cancellation provided by balancing the gains of the wet/dry signals.

At least that’s what R.G. Keen says.

Back