ElectroVibe Modifications Thread

Hey Might-Monk! First off, hat tip to you and your contributions to builds and mods and of course, usually always being the first to respond to my threads. @fig too :)

Did you special 250k and 500R pots for the external adjustments? Like smaller bodied pots or regular sized jammers with smaller knobs? Are they log, linear or audio pots? I'm loving my Electrovibe but I want to be able to dial in the lush/swirl and taking it apart is a PITA. Thanks mate!

• Love
Reactions: fig
Hey Might-Monk! First off, hat tip to you and your contributions to builds and mods and of course, usually always being the first to respond to my threads. @fig too :)

Did you special 250k and 500R pots for the external adjustments? Like smaller bodied pots or regular sized jammers with smaller knobs? Are they log, linear or audio pots? I'm loving my Electrovibe but I want to be able to dial in the lush/swirl and taking it apart is a PITA. Thanks mate!

I used 250kB and 1kB, respectively. There were Bog Standard 16 mm solder tab pots with small fluted knobs.

I actually sold mine last week. I have an ElectroVibe Mini coming and I am going to use the externally adjustable trim pots and a custom drilled enclosure.

I'm looking at this and thinking about the mods I want to do and I just realized that in the color coded document I posted above, I missed one component - C20. I don't see it mentioned in any of the text boxes describing the mod. What am I missing?

I'm looking at this and thinking about the mods I want to do and I just realized that in the color coded document I posted above, I missed one component - C20. I don't see it mentioned in any of the text boxes describing the mod. What am I missing?

Doesn't require changing.

I'm sorry to ask this when I know it's out there somewhere, but ugh! I've just searched and searched.

Is there a way to reverse how the left LED (the SPEED one) works, so that it lights up or SPEED 2?

Last edited:
I'm sorry to ask this when I know it's out there somewhere, but ugh! I've just searched and searched.

Is there a way to reverse how the left LED (the SPEED one) works, o that it lights up or SPEED 2?

I don’t think so without modifying the breakout board.

I found it! It's on page 2, posts 27-34 of this thread. What exactly can be done? Changing the way a couple of the connections between the breakout board and the main board?

I found it! It's on page 2, posts 27-34 of this thread. What exactly can be done? Changing the way a couple of the connections between the breakout board and the main board?

I still think you'd have to cut the trace on the breakout board to swap it. The top lug on the middle switch is tied to ground permanently with a trace so simply swapping the LED connection from the bottom lug to the top would result in the Speed LED always being on.

I see, thank you. Like this one then?
View attachment 25293

You got it!

That should light up the Speed LED when Speed 2 is active.

If you are foregoing the breakout board, you can use a bi-color LED and a different knob color for Speed 2 as well. I used a Blue/Red, common anode LED and a Blue knob on Speed 2 to differentiate on my original Big ElectroVibe.

Thank you. I saw that you did that. That’s cool. I have been studying all of your Electrovibe threads. I’m thinking about which of the mods I want to implement. I will definitely have more questions.

Thanks from all of us for all the work you have put in to this project!

Back