EP Booster

It seems simple to me too. Getting the right IDSS on the the 5484 (3Ma) and 5485 (7-8 Ma) is a primary problem. Alternatives that are not as critical could be the solution but finding it ?

I agree it would be a great addition.
On a related note; If you are looking for a great EP-3 preamp, I have an overlooked gem that I recommend. It's the Maestro Boost from Orbit Electronix.
As far as I know, is the only EP style boost that uses the vintage transistors in his builds.
Tony was known for decades as the best place to get parts and service vintage tape echoes. I believe I first read about him in an Eric Johnson article in the eighties. He is also known for the ill-fated Krank Amplifiers which I believe were in development with Dimebag Darrel before his untimely demise.
Anyhow, the pedal is ugly a sin but would be easy to rehouse in a smaller enclosure and it really captures the magic of the Maestro I had for years.

Resurrecting this Wish List thread bc I was thinking of picking up another EP Boost PCB from Tayda:

But was thinking it'd be super cool if it had a charge pump for 18V operation (although it sounds wonderful at 9V too, so maybe a switch would be cool?).

Back