Rocket Harmonic Booster Pedal

music6000

Here is a unique Boost with a bit of grit!
I have the standard 2 knob version also that I built years ago!
It uses a pair of LND150n3-g transistors for the gain stages.
This is a modified version of the Spaceman Saturn V Pedal to have a Tone control.
I contacted Chuck D. Bones who found the Schematic & modified it to suit my request, THANKS Chuck (y)
I have removed the Fat Switch from my Build & settled on 15nF as a fixed value.
I also included Ferrite Bead diodes on the Power & Input (fairy dust on original design)
This was designed In House using my Eyelet Board design.
The Graphic is printed on A4 clear Adhesive back Sheet & sealed & finished in Automotive Clear Coat on a Tayda 125B Plain enclosure.

Rocket Harmonic Booster 2 with Tone Control 1.jpg
Rocket Harmonic Booster 2 with Tone Control 2.jpg

Here is the Schematic by Chuck D, Bones
With the Fat switch, you can also create a Treble Boost by adjusting the Tone control to suit :
Rocket Tone Control.jpg

Last edited:
This is really nice man. I have a thing for jewel lamps, and it's a really nice touch on this pedal. Graphics look really good too. I've tried using the adhesive back sheets, but ultimately, I ended up ripping them all off because I couldn't get all of the air bubbles out of them. I never tried it with a bare enclosure though. I've only tried it with a powder coated enclosure, and I felt like the unevenness of the powder coat was the source of all of my air bubbles. I might try again with a bare enclosure after having seen this.

Yep, it is an issue with powdered coated enclosures especially if it's orange peel type finish.
I sand the top with 400 until I get it near matt finish & flat, very carefully on the 4 corners as it's the thinnest area to rub through.
When you spray the Clear Coat with the Graphic in place, it all looks shiny again!

Yep, it is an issue with powdered coated enclosures especially if it's orange peel type finish.
I sand the top with 400 until I get it near matt finish & flat, very carefully on the 4 corners as it's the thinnest area to rub through.
When you spray the Clear Coat with the Graphic in place, it all looks shiny again!
Thanks for the tip. I'll give this another try. I think your's turned out great.

EDIT: And freaking fantastic job on the board too. This thing is really beautiful - inside and out.

MY GAWD!

This thing is outstanding! I feel as though there should be a sound clip of this thing.

Back