This is just feedback based on the last few boards i built. Off board wiring is where most of our problems happen.

Is it possible to design the the pcbs with a bit more room for the 4 off board wiring holes:
+
-
gnd
grd

I find they are very tight at the top. Also if (when) they break off it is a pain to desolder those.

Thanks
Pb

I'm not sure what boards you're referring to, but looking at a few projects' wiring diagrams, I'm curious. To my eyes i haven't seen anything too egregious or too impossible. The foot switch spacing can be tricky in some builds. If you had some images or at least naming the boards in question, that would go a long way.

Now, I don't want to sound mean, but in all honesty, if you're having issues with wiring falling off, I think there may be more going on than pad spacing— specifically with your soldering.

Are you using adequate flux? Are you using the right kind of solder? Are you soldering at the right temperature, and allowing both ends to properly heat enough?

I know those are basic questions, but I don't know your experience level. Just trying to get a better picture of what's happening with your projects.

That was also my thought. But if you want to use a standard ribbon cable, you are limited to 2.54 mm aka 1/10 inch between the wiring holes.

That was also my thought. But if you want to use a standard ribbon cable, you are limited to 2.54 mm aka 1/10 inch between the wiring holes.
Ahhh, right, definitely this.

I took a look at OP's recent M800 post, and I think I understand a bit better if you're using ribbon/connected insulation this can be tricky.

Something like that might be a better solution

Note. I am not being critical consider this as feedback from a new builder.
My thought was there will be mistakes. Often the outboard wiring is the problem. How could it be easier.

The pathogen was my first board. Absolutely my soldering could have been better on my build. Here is what i mean by the close proximity of input holes

The problem i had on the pathogen build was caused by bad (use of) wire strippers scoring the wire or pulling on it since they were dull . Moving the wires too much weakened them and some broke off. Being new to building pedals i likely fussed with it too much and they broke. Still fixing it was a pain. Since then i bought some new wire strippers.

Thanks
Pb

Ahhh, right, definitely this.

I took a look at OP's recent M800 post, and I think I understand a bit better if you're using ribbon/connected insulation this can be tricky.

Something like that might be a better solution
This is my first try with ribbon cables on the m800. I will definitely try the larger ones you suggest next time. That one looks really easy to work with. So far the m800 is ok😁

Pb

Back