Finished my Binaural build!

I mean only boards for FV-1. I bought 4 boards for FV-1 from PedalPCB, made 2 and even bought Catalinbread Topanga specifically to make a copy of the firmware. The boards were sold as Topanga, it turned out that this is a standard scheme that does not fit the programming code, the sweats are different, the settings are adjusted incorrectly. It was later discontinued as Catalinbread Topanga. Later I made other, more complex projects, with the right power supply (2x field and 1117-3V3 transistors) they did not emit white noise. If silence in sound is important to you, these boards are not suitable. If it's just interest, then great.View attachment 49990
If you want to make weird, confusing complaints about ppcb boards, it would be courteous if you started your own thread for that instead of derailing a rather nice build report.

We are probably talking at different levels, about sound quality, white noise and the correct placement of elements. You still have friends ahead of you. I just wanted to warn you that the classic version, which has been around for many years, is not suitable for proper operation, look at other manufacturers' boards (Neunaber, Chase bliss) and you will understand everything. All the best and good luck in the assemblies.

I mean only boards for FV-1. I bought 4 boards for FV-1 from PedalPCB, made 2 and even bought Catalinbread Topanga specifically to make a copy of the firmware. The boards were sold as Topanga, it turned out that this is a standard scheme that does not fit the programming code, the sweats are different, the settings are adjusted incorrectly. It was later discontinued as Catalinbread Topanga. Later I made other, more complex projects, with the right power supply (2x field and 1117-3V3 transistors) they did not emit white noise. If silence in sound is important to you, these boards are not suitable. If it's just interest, then great.View attachment 49990
From where did you get those PCBs? From a quick look at all the FV-1 project boards, those are the "Pythagoras" project boards. Thate same board is used for the Daydream, D3lay, Radium Springs, Three Verb and Unison Double Tracker. ALL of those projects use this Pythagoras board. The only difference is the data stored in the EEPROM to make the FV-1 do its thing.

And while the Catalinbread Topanga uses an FV-1 and the same EEPROM as the PedalPCB Pythagoras board, it does not necessarily mean that the patches from the Catalinbread Topanga's EEPROM will work the PedalPCB Pythagoras board.

Also, the Pythagoras PCB allows for a selection of one-of-three different patches. The Catalinbread Topanga appears to have no selection option and therefore, just copying and duplicating the Catalinbread Topanga EEPROM does not mean it will work with the Pythagoras board. I cannot find a "Topanga" build anywhere in the PedalPCB catalog. And if it was there and later removed, it was likely removed for a good reason.

I've purchased a few different commercial pedals just to acquire the patches on the EEPROM for for my FV-1 builds and often found that they only had ONE FV-1 patch installed. So I had to extract the data as a file and massage from Hex into a format (SpinASM is my favorite) that will allow me to isolate it and pull it into my ASM Assembler interface to experiment with it.

From where did you get those PCBs? From a quick look at all the FV-1 project boards, those are the "Pythagoras" project boards. Thate same board is used for the Daydream, D3lay, Radium Springs, Three Verb and Unison Double Tracker. ALL of those projects use this Pythagoras board. The only difference is the data stored in the EEPROM to make the FV-1 do its thing.

And while the Catalinbread Topanga uses an FV-1 and the same EEPROM as the PedalPCB Pythagoras board, it does not necessarily mean that the patches from the Catalinbread Topanga's EEPROM will work the PedalPCB Pythagoras board.

Also, the Pythagoras PCB allows for a selection of one-of-three different patches. The Catalinbread Topanga appears to have no selection option and therefore, just copying and duplicating the Catalinbread Topanga EEPROM does not mean it will work with the Pythagoras board. I cannot find a "Topanga" build anywhere in the PedalPCB catalog. And if it was there and later removed, it was likely removed for a good reason.

I've purchased a few different commercial pedals just to acquire the patches on the EEPROM for for my FV-1 builds and often found that they only had ONE FV-1 patch installed. So I had to extract the data as a file and massage from Hex into a format (SpinASM is my favorite) that will allow me to isolate it and pull it into my ASM Assembler interface to experiment with it.
That's a well written reply: detailed, constructive and comprehensible !

You did not notice what I said, I copy the firmware from the eeprom of the original Topanga. The board used to be sold as Topanga, these were the first boards for FV-1, maybe you didn’t know about them yet, rather because of these questions they didn’t sell it, which didn’t fit. If you buy a board on Friedman BE-OD, then it's Friedman BE-OD, right? I didn’t even ask for my money back, I just left it on their conscience and moved on. I wanted to say that you go further, deeper, more correctly with FV-1, do not give a hundred errors, this old version of the circuit does not work correctly, you will find a lot of noise and interference on the oscilloscope, two channels will not solve the problem. It's a pity you think about something else, I went through all this. Good luck!

You did not notice what I said, I copy the firmware from the eeprom of the original Topanga. The board used to be sold as Topanga, these were the first boards for FV-1, maybe you didn’t know about them yet, rather because of these questions they didn’t sell it, which didn’t fit. If you buy a board on Friedman BE-OD, then it's Friedman BE-OD, right? I didn’t even ask for my money back, I just left it on their conscience and moved on. I wanted to say that you go further, deeper, more correctly with FV-1, do not give a hundred errors, this old version of the circuit does not work correctly, you will find a lot of noise and interference on the oscilloscope, two channels will not solve the problem. It's a pity you think about something else, I went through all this. Good luck!

1686081438736.gif

Something was...

94182b46-phpmpbo3i.jpg

Back