Flock issues (sputtery and kind of gated)

jwyles90

Hey all!

Finished putting this together last week and it technically "works", but there are some issues that it seems to be having. The fuzz and pitch shifting and all that works, as I can get a signal out of it, but it also is making this weird sputtering and kind of sounds like the signal is gating itself on the decay. I've built one of these before that worked fine, so I know this isn't how it's supposed to behave. I took an audio probe to it and noticed that the resistor directly under the B10k pot might sound a little iffy, but I'm also not entirely sure if that's even an issue since I was able to get sound out of it. I'm going to try replacing the tl072 (just haven't had a chance to yet), might try replacing that one resistor as well, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if there's anything else y'all can spot/would recommend checking to try and narrow down the issue.

Thanks!

image_6487327.JPG

Not that it would be related to the issue you described, but, based on the way it's twisted, it looks like your output jack might be grounding against the enclosure.

Not that it would be related to the issue you described, but, based on the way it's twisted, it looks like your output jack might be grounding against the enclosure.
Yea in the picture it's cuttin it real close, but I made sure nothing was touching when I was testing it out

Back