Fordoble opamp question

jimilee

I just built up this thing, I love the demos. I used a Tl072, didn’t have any 2134s. Both sides were doing the same thing, so on a hunch, I dug out a pedal I knew had one in it. This fixed the issue. Is there any reason the 072 wouldn’t work, is it the biasing resistor? The 2134 is now a 6.00 chip, don’t know if this thing is 12.00 good.

I just built up this thing, I love the demos. I used a Tl072, didn’t have any 2134s. Both sides were doing the same thing, so on a hunch, I dug out a pedal I knew had one in it. This fixed the issue. Is there any reason the 072 wouldn’t work, is it the biasing resistor? The 2134 is now a 6.00 chip, don’t know if this thing is 12.00 good.
Are they legit TL072's?
If it has a Texas stamp & Indent on top, it's fake!

The difference between precision, high fidelity op-amps and basic jFet/BJT input run of the mill amplifiers is bragging rights. Maybe I'm getting crusty but fidelity in guitar pedals might be a bit overated!
And the irony of the “magical, mystical unicorn fart mojo” of the generic run of the mill JRC4558 in TS pedals!
Remember the days when pedal builders would scratch out the IC labels when folks actually believed all of the tone was in the IC choice?

Back