Frantone Op-amp Fuzzes

DGWVI

I love opamp Fuzzes, and these ones don't seem to get the love they deserve. They're both heavy and brutal.

Cream Puff- like a gnarlier, angrier Op-amp Big Muff. A lot more Bass, but surprising amount of string separation for how much dirt it spits out
Graphic1.png

Peachfuzz- This one is sorta tonally similar to the Cream Puff, maybe not as much low end with less of a mid scoop. more amp-like, I suppose. Low noise floor for how much gain it packs
frantone_peachfuzz_schematic.png

Edit: added larger, more legible schematics

Attachments

• Cream_Puff_Schem.png
    Cream_Puff_Schem.png
    39 KB · Views: 68
  • 3314934163_d24b633388_z.jpg
    3314934163_d24b633388_z.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Yes, to all of this. I've built both and they rule on bass. Tons of low end without getting muddy at all.

I never A-B them, but somehow have in mind that the Peach can be a tad more bass heavy than the Puff ...

Any plans for a Peachfuzz? I can’t find any boards for it anywhere, just some vero layouts. Demos look like tons of dirt but keeping a lot of note definitely. Would love to have one but don’t want to spend the $300+ for one.

Any plans for a Peachfuzz? I can’t find any boards for it anywhere, just some vero layouts. Demos look like tons of dirt but keeping a lot of note definitely. Would love to have one but don’t want to spend the $300+ for one.

Back