Frequency Interchange + some dirt

Fuzzonaut

I've built separate High and Low Pass Filters in the past, the ones from Schalltechnik, and so I thought this thing might be cool too - and yes, it sure is.

The gain is a really usefull addition and makes this pedal a powerful tone shaping tool. I actually tried and tested the 3 pedals in this post together, having the Filter upfront and it can really change the character and structure of the dirt pedals following. Thightening up the incoming signal while at the same time boosting it emphasizes the mids (I assume), changes the "voice" of the dirt and makes the dirt stand out more, according to my ears.
I still needd to try this in a mix or loud band situation though.
(I'm talking about BASS.)

FI.jpeg FIg.jpeg

And another fuzz, based on the 3-knob Cthulhu Fuzz by Dunwich, an interesting mash up, as it seems to be similar to a Fuzz Face, while stacking a Mosfet onto a Germanium transistor (Q2+Q3). This goes into a modified Muff gain stage with Germanium/LED clipping. Oh and up front there's the DEPTH control.
I decided to add clipping options, none and silicon, although I would say, that the stock GE/LED clipping sounds best.
Does it doom? Yes, it does.

cthu.jpeg cthu-g.jpeg

Plus, another sort of fuzz face variant, along the lines of the EFE/DAM Black Acid. Pretty cool too, this one, it has a lot of different grades and shades of dirt available with the DRIVE and FUZZ controls. From dirty boost, passing through OD territory all the way into fuzzy paradise.

acid.jpeg acid-g.jpeg

I've grown quite attached to my own frequency interchange. I was playing a house party last week and some weird crispy noise I've never heard before was coming from my rig. One quick knob turn of that lpf and it was almost silent. Gandalf vs the Balrog is definitely the correct theme. "YOU SHALL LOW PASSS!!"

Back