Fuchsia Fuzz. Wow.

Jovi Bon Kenobi

I built this on the recommendation of many here and I can honestly see why. It is a near do-everything fuzz. Dial the fuzz knob down a ways and it goes into drive/distortion territory. Dial it up for beautiful mayhem. It can handle rhythm chording and long sustained lead notes equally well depending on how you dial it in. I haven't done major testing but so far it plays really well with everything on the board, in any order. It can sound loose or tight depending on how you dial in the softness ("clip" in build docs) and it is incredibly low noise. Humbuckers and single coils love it equally. There are no unusable settings in the knob tweaking department. This thing is versatile!

As far as components go, I followed the build docs to a tee with a couple liberties taken... In place of the 14K7 resistors I used 15K. Upon reading previous posts I heeded the advice and threw in "any NPN Germanium transistor" for Q3, in my case an AC127 with an HFE of around 125. For the requested and rare MPF4393 I used it's in-production baby brother SMD, the MMBF4393. This was my first attempt at SMD soldering and I used my iron since I don't have a hot air station. If you plan to build this pedal, zoom in to see the orientation I used for the handy SMD adapter board sold at PedalPCB.
IMG_20200928_104720.jpg
IMG_20200928_105218.jpg

Back