PPCB Indiana Deluxe Overdrive (wow)

cris_mas

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
So, having problems with the C2C (still can't debug it so i sent it to a person who knows better to solve the issue than i would :cry: ), i've figured that i needed a stop gap solution for playing/recording direct. Bought this pcb, thinking that i had the original Wampler Tweed and didn't actually liked it (didn't know how to use it i should say).
Back to present day, i saw that there was a really crazy hype about this pedals coming back to production, and i remembered that Tweed i had and said maybe i should try the black one, less drive, more headroom, and the fame of "always on" pedal, saw a couple of comments Brian said about it and used it direct, with Impulse responses and oh boy, it caught my attention. No money to buy a wampler, we apply PPCB ;)

Well, I've put it together finally last night, and holly cow, it does something particularly crazy with my pedal chain. I'm using it at the end, before my IR pedal, after a Boss MS3. I was using a Tube driven preamp (AMT VX Clean, compact high voltage tube pre, Vox flavored), that sounds 3D, but somehow it messes with my EQ settings and can't find a usable tone with the rest of the chain. Using the Indiana Deluxe in place of it, it has improved my drive sounds, my delay and even modulation. Kept saying holly cow in the process :ROFLMAO:.

To resume this report, i'm using this as clean pre with character and let me tell you, for a Hybrid setup user like me is the glory. It just does something to the tone (clean/base, whatever you want to call it) that fixes things other pedals might ruin in the chain.

I've used SMD FET's, seem to work very nicely (though I've struggled to solder those alien tech Basterds), Biased them to approx 5 Volts at the Drain, thinking about headroom but it does sound glorious. Trying it at 18 Volts it does sound even bigger, but a bit more "clinical" in lack of a better term. I may go back to 9 volts for that gritty clean to edge of breakup thig that this little box does. I like it :love::giggle:

About the presentation, not the cleanest build, I've actually broke the legs of the power conector haha but i was a bit in need to make space in that place so, it was a happy accident ( i may call the pedal Serendipity).

Again, holly cow, wow...the hype is real? Well, perhaps... time will tell if it leaves or stays in the pedalboard.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-17 at 21.21.42.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-17 at 21.21.42.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 22
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-17 at 21.27.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-17 at 21.27.43.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 22
Back