Fuzz Foundry Deluxe

Can't wait to build this. Can you make the tone pot footswitchable ^^?

Technically? Yes.

Physically? The problem is that two footswitches would be awfully close to the rotary and toggle switch. A single centered footswitch gives a bit more clearance around them for stomping.

Ergonomically two footswitches would work better if the rotary was centered and there was no toggle switch.

Would you rather have switchable Ge/Silicon transistors, or a footswitchable tone control? I've always felt the footswitchable tone control was a bit gimmicky and not all that practical/useful.

What do you guys think?

Can we get an expression pedal and a Marshall tone stack?

How about a Marshall tone stack in an expression pedal?

I'm kidding, please do not request this. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Technically? Yes.

Physically? The problem is that two footswitches would be awfully close to the rotary and toggle switch. A single centered footswitch gives a bit more clearance around them for stomping.

Ergonomically two footswitches would work better if the rotary was centered and there was no toggle switch.

Would you rather have switchable Ge/Silicon transistors, or a footswitchable tone control? I've always felt the footswitchable tone control was a bit gimmicky and not all that practical/useful.

What do you guys think?

How about a Marshall tone stack in an expression pedal?

I'm kidding, please do not request this. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I vote for the toggle

I guess It is pretty useless to have it on a footswitch when you think about it :p. I just ask just to be as close to the FF7 as possible! I guess a toggle like K-pedals said would be a good option. If people want to build it in a 1590bb they would have the option of wiring it like the zvex ones

I can’t find anything as to a layout of the knob functions anywhere? The big three (vol, tone & gain) are easy to finger but the other 3 idk. Is the 2 position switch up-silicon down- germanium? And where do I begin naming the positions of the rotary switch...

From past experience, the fuzz factory needs hfe above 150, typically 200, but I read somewhere that one of the two stages can be below 100 (I forget which one). I bought a pack of 25 germanium transistors (NOS from Bulgaria iirc) on eBay several years ago and was lucky enough that they worked perfectly in the 2 FF pedals I built so far (I have two more in the pipeline, to give out to friends). I would socket and test a few if in doubt.

With the new Vexter version of the Fuzz Factory 7, I’m wondering if it’s worth revisiting the Fuzx Foundry Deluxe and updating it a bit. The ZVEX version has a 9-position rotary and a passive tone switch. Very curious on how much of a difference these changes would make.

Back