FV-1 Development ready to race

jeffwhitfield

Finally finished my FV-1 Development pedal. The name made me think about Formula 1 racing thus the inspiration for the design.

Had some issues getting this thing to connect with my Mac. I have a new MacBook Pro with the new M1 chip so none of the usual drivers would work. Plus, with Parallels Desktop, the only version of Windows I can install is Windows 11 for RISC processors...so, again, no bueno for any drivers that will work. Ended up getting a cheap Windows 10 laptop with an Intel processor. With a little trial and error, I found some drivers that work.

After verifying USB connectivity, it was just a matter of getting the EEPROM burned with a working program. Bit of a learning curve with that one. Got a few programs and loaded one via the SpinIDE and exported out a HEX file. After converting it to a BIN and burning it with EsProgrammer, everything came together and worked. :)

Only thing I'm wondering is if there are alternatives to EsProgrammer and the executable responsible for converting HEX files.

IMG_0048.jpeg

IMG_0049.jpeg

Back