FV-1 Questions

I just have a few FV-1 questions.

1. Is it possible to feed a signal into two modes without needing 2 FV-1 chips on the board? (For example, can I send spring reverb into a shimmer and hear both at once?)

2. I’m noticing FV-1 chips cost much more than PT2399s. They are like $15-$20 each. Is there an economical way to get something similar for less, especially if you are only interested in one of the modes? For example, if I wanted a shimmer reverb pedal, what are some options that are cheaper?

3. Are there through pin versions of the FV-1 out there or are all of them surface mount?

4. Does the FV-1 sound way better than a PT2399 or are you mostly paying for the variations it provides?

5. Can one FV-1 chip support stereo output?

1. No, but you can design algorithms that include more than one effect in series/parallel/whatever (within the RAM/instruction limitations of the FV-1).

2. No, not really. Belton makes some modules but I'm not sure how they compare cost-wise... functionally I'm fairly sure they are all inferior to the FV-1.

3. No, but you can get one of these with a pre-soldered FV-1: https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/fv1-adapter/
It's mainly intended for breadboarding though, I'm not aware of any PCBs that support it.

4. Yes, depending on the algorithm the sound quality can be significantly better than the PT2399. Not to mention, the PT2399 only does delay...

5. Yes.

1. No, but you can design algorithms that include more than one effect in series/parallel/whatever (within the RAM/instruction limitations of the FV-1).

2. No, not really. Belton makes some modules but I'm not sure how they compare cost-wise... functionally I'm fairly sure they are all inferior to the FV-1.

3. No, but you can get one of these with a pre-soldered FV-1: https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/fv1-adapter/
It's mainly intended for breadboarding though, I'm not aware of any PCBs that support it.

4. Yes, depending on the algorithm the sound quality can be significantly better than the PT2399. Not to mention, the PT2399 only does delay...

5. Yes.
Thank you! I appreciate the response. I may get one of those FV-1 adapters for experimenting / breadboarding.

Back