jessenator

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
HA HA HA HA GAAARRRYYYYY!
GARY?
GARY!!!

Pb7HrGO.jpg

Madbean Pedals Splunker - Fuzz Echo

Vault-Tec: Be prepared for the future today!

OISY2Ui.jpg
kHeRlR7.jpg
hCJx4T4.jpg
AJ9aEV9.jpg

Little did the lucky(?) few who secured their places in the vaults realize what they were in for. Are you a singular man locked away with 999 women? Or the other way around? Maybe a few wild animals were released to keep you company? Perhaps your central vault mainframe has told you, on your first day as Overseer, that you have to sacrifice one person from your vault every year or you all die? Or maybe you're all alone with only a box of hand puppets seemingly left there on accident?

No. You didn't retreat to your vault, you weren't even born there—you were grown there. You understand only one thing: Gary. And every other non-Gary needs to die. Lucklily you have 50-some-odd other Garys to keep you company and protect the vault. But eventually you got so wrapped up in the hunt that you drifted from the saftey of Vault 108 and happened upon a group of soldiers wearing red and black painted armor—power armor.

You're taken, but they don't want you for a slave, for meat, like other wastelanders. They want what's on your left arm. They want your Pip Boy, and they meant to get it by any means necessary.

Such was the fate of Gary 23. The Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts were determined to gain access to the cache of pre-war arms, provisions, and other technology, but there was one hitch: it was tied to a VR simulation which could only be completed when interfaced with one of the hand-held computers given to select few military staff and denizens of the Vaults. Sadly, Gary 23 did not surrender his Pip Boy willingly, and after his death the unit attached to him ceased to operate. Luckily for the Outcasts a naive young Vault Dweller happened by and relived the retaking of Anchorage in the simulator, thereby opening the pre-war cache.

Done with Tayda's Metallic Candy Blue, which was just perfect given the 2015/2024 reimagined texturing of the Fallout Vault Suit. I had many ideas for this one, with and without the control text. Odd that they did the box inside and out and managed to not fill the screw holes. Didn't even ask for any sort of masking, so IDK.

The circuit is great! I love the ability to have a dwell/feedback control that is very easy to manage and make sure you don't self oscillate, though you can should you fancy it. After testing out quite a few combinations I ended up going with the following:

- Motorola 2N3904 hFE 158 in Q1
- mushroom top 2N3565 hFE 353 in Q2

Brilliant execution and the perfect name/concept for a dirty delay circuit: malevolent copies!

All I know of Fallout is I once had an upstairs neighbour who played Fallout, and I'd sometimes watch as it was freaky scary, so much so that his wife rarely stayed in the room when he was playing (although she played too, time-to-time).

Then I came across a cool yuoteub clip that was nothing but Garys running around... I found it amusing, but can't find that clip anymore, too many others to sift through now. Through that vid-clip I fell in love with the character even though I never really played the game.

Nonetheless, this is The Gary that comes to my mind:

The Gary offering Lord Commander a Cookie.png
Not the right The Gary for this circuit, though, so I'll have to come up with something else when I build up my Splunker PCB.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Back