Police Lineup: a happy coincidence! (Mini Lovepedal content..)

coltonius

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This just sort of happened... I like trying to stuff pedals into mini enclosures, so here are a few Lovepedal clones I've built over the last few months:

Little Gent (Englishman) - Tayda PCB
- I've seen a few build reports on this lately, so I figured I'd dust off the PCB that's been sitting in my drawer for a few years and build it up. Super fun! It can do the aggressive, hard-edged thing pretty well at higher gain settings. It can also do the chimey dirty boost thing. Pip Pip!

Karlito (Kalle / Karl Fuzz) - PedalPCB
- I've never owned or played one of these before, but it's surprisingly fun! Lower gain settings are smooth and higher gain gets ring mod-ish. I haven't found the octave yet, but I also just finished it tonight!

Karlito will get a vinyl decal when I find one that matches the vibe of the fuzz.

Min-Eternity (Burst spec) - Tayda PCB
- This one is based on a 2017 Burst I used to own. I can't remember whose schematic it matches, but I was able to see enough of the components on the original to extrapolate. Voila! It isn't too fat or soft or bloated like newer versions**; it has a beautiful edge and cut to it.

**As a former Lovepedal fanboi, it is my experience that the handwired units sound closer to each other by production year rather than by their sub-grouping of Burst, Roadhouse, Kanji, etc... For instance, I once had a 2006ish Roadhouse that sounded very close to the '07 Burst; and at the same time I had a late-teens Roadhouse that sounded nearly identical to the late-teens Burst. Neither Burst or Roadhouse sounded very much like each other. Weird, but what can ya do? (If anybody wants the exact schematic I used, I'd be happy to figure out which one it was.)

Lineup - Front.jpg Lineup - Back.jpg

Last edited:
Back