Gherkin Fuzz IC sub

FenderGuy1969

Im having trouble finding an IC for the Gherkin Fuzz. I see that you can substitute 4 Transistors instead but the build doc doesn’t tell you what Transistors to use. What transistors can be used to replace the IC ?

So, I'm thinking about building this pedal too, and I have the same issue of finding the IC.

How do you substitute the 4x 2n3904 transistor for the IC listed in the build docs? It looks like there are 14 socks. With 3 leads on each transistor how do you attach them?

Here's the MPQ3904 pinout (bottom view). Top view is mirrored, but since the pinout is symmetric, it will look the same top or bottom. Note that pins 4 & 11 are not used. Feel free to try other transistors; nothing magic about 2N3904.

1649347826367.png

So, I'm thinking about building this pedal too, and I have the same issue of finding the IC.

How do you substitute the 4x 2n3904 transistor for the IC listed in the build docs? It looks like there are 14 socks. With 3 leads on each transistor how do you attach them?
You should build it! I love mine...

Also, I believe I had to get the IC from Mouser; it wasn't cheap but it was exactly what was called for.

Here's the MPQ3904 pinout (bottom view). Top view is mirrored, but since the pinout is symmetric, it will look the same top or bottom. Note that pins 4 & 11 are not used. Feel free to try other transistors; nothing magic about 2N3904.

View attachment 25018
Thank you! I'm still pretty new, so I don't really know enough to understand how to substitute stuff without being told exactly how to do it!

Thank you again!

You should build it! I love mine...

Also, I believe I had to get the IC from Mouser; it wasn't cheap but it was exactly what was called for.
I think I am going to. I've seen a bunch of people running them on their boards.

I think I looked for thr IC on mouser but it was unavailable.

Back