Ghordo fuzz (vanity fuzz face content)

Harry Klippton

My buddy asked me to build him a fuzz face like 4 years ago based on a 30 second phone clip of a breadboard fuzz face. Fast forward to now when I finally got around to doing it.

My idea for the details of the finished project changed several times, resulting in this meticulously handmade pedal. I made the layout, I hand cut the fiberboard, drilled it and installed the eyelets, and spray painted the enclosure. I had initially planned on using some leftover sonic blue nitro I had from a guitar refinish, but it failed to adhere to the primer several times, and I switched to this nice rusto color instead. I think it's called seaside?

This has an internal bias trimmer and an external control in the same configuration as the sunface. My personal sunface nkt 🔴 is always my benchmark for how I tune any fuzz face I build.

The enclosure was supplied by my buddy. He had bought 3 of them 3 or 4 years ago or whatever, and he gave me all 3 of them, so I've got 2 more of these coming albeit with a different name and one with a different finish. He likes to have "prototypes" so that's effectively what this is

1000005983.png 1000005982.jpg

This looks awesome, inside and outside! How did you do the nameplate? And do you happen to have gains/leakage and voltages?
The nameplate is just a PCB from JLC. Q1 is about 82 hfe and Q2 is 135. I didn't write down the leakage but both were typical for GT402bs. With the external bias knob at noon, Q2c is at -4.5v. I don't recall what Q1's collector voltage was, but I can check it later

Back