GPCB Muff’n v 4

Laundryroom David

Keyboard Cowboy 🤠
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Sometimes you just need a Big Muff. This board is handy - gives a builder plenty of options to make as many mistake as they want. Kidding! Cool project as usual from GPCB. Easy build but read the damn build doc. Lots of ways to make this cool but lots of ways to also inadvertently fuck shit up.

I used a repurposed 125b with side jacks. I don’t fuckin’ know either, man. It is what it is. My last Tayda refill is probably in an orb somewhere on an extraterrestrial’s desk by now. Making do with what I got on hand. Still doesn’t explain why I set up the previous resident of this enclosure with side jacks.

Speaking of making do, I wanted to use BC549C transistors. I like them. I had three left. So I relented and used four 2N5088s instead. I opted for the clipping mod switch. It doesn’t really scratch any itches for me, but it does allow for a few extra toans.

Speaking of toans, YOWZA. This is a muff alright. Lots of output and sustain. You know what the tone knob does.

Speaking of tone knobs, I have an idea for a 2 in 1 pedal so stay tuned. Or toned. Staying toned sounds like a lot of work. Nevermind.

Labelled the controls for Harry’s sake, metal 3pdt washer because I have a tiny shred of dignity left.

Speaking of tiny, I’m continuing the Tiny Shame theme of shiny enclosure and purple stencilled sharpie labels. Knobs from the back of a parts drawer. The heart shaped toggle switch wiring was a happy accident - no room to route under the board 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Bottom line: it’s a muff, it’s an easy build, it sounds great and you know you need one more fuzz.

View attachment 58930View attachment 58931

Back