Guvernator Build Doc discrepancies?

Stelloh42

Hey all - hoping I can get some clarification on this subject. I built up a Guvernator PCB today and it sounds pretty Marshall-y - just a little underpowered. For comparison - I have built this same board before and remember it having both more gain and more overall volume...

anyway - I was looking at the build doc and comparing the resistor values that are printed on my PCB vs the values on the doc. They don't match up. I went ahead and desoldered the resistors from my current build just to make sure.

unfortunately I do not have the previous build to compare but I will post pics of my build and pics from the pedal PCB website (which correspond to the values on the build doc - I checked)

I guess my question is: which values are right?

thanks!

Attachments

• 0B633FE8-48A6-45ED-953E-87FD65FD1079.jpeg
    0B633FE8-48A6-45ED-953E-87FD65FD1079.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • D18D0380-92F8-41B7-A9E3-7FF52914E883.png
    D18D0380-92F8-41B7-A9E3-7FF52914E883.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Thanks - I think I'm going to try both ways (there's only a couple resistor values that differ) and see if there is a difference, or if I'm just imagining my previous build to sound better than it did.

Yep, follow what's on your board.

The circuit hasn't changed, the components are just rearranged a little.

If the build docs are updated to correct an actual error I will generally highlight that value in red in the parts list and make a note.

In most cases the incorrect PCBs are tossed in the trash, but if it's just a single value or two I will mark them out with black marker to indicate that you should consult the build docs.

Back