Haarp no sound

y2kornfreak

I just built a Haarp pedal. everything lights up, bypass mode has sound running through it but when I turn it on, it goes completely quiet. Saw another post saying it could be the FV-1 chip, so i tried going through each leg with the solder and the problem is still there

Attachments

• IMG_4101.jpeg
    IMG_4101.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4100.jpeg
    IMG_4100.jpeg
    496.8 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: fig
The only way a defective FV-1 would cause no sound and no LED is if it was dead shorted, pulling the 3.3V and in turn the 9V supply down with it.

Things would be getting hot if this was the case. Is the FV-1 IC or 3.3V regulator hot?

Do you have a DMM? If so, check the voltages on the two outer pins of the L78L33 regulator. You should have 9V and 3.3
should i replace the FV-1, 9v and even the L78L33 if the numbers are high? im gonna buy a spare along with klon clone parts just in case

i got a DMM and checked the DC voltage for the L78L33 and the 9v power supply plug. the numbers were 5.7 and 9.5 :(

what are my options from here?
Let’s think about something for a second before you shotgun parts. What is 9 - 5.7=? Im just shooting from the hip here but I’m going to go out on a limb and ask if you were checking that regulator correctly?

Definitely start where @Paradox916 recommends, make sure you're measuring those voltages correctly. Black lead on ground, positive on each leg of the regulator.

If you're measuring 9V on the regulator that means your 9V supply isn't loaded down and the analog dry portion of the pedal should be passing signal.

Back