Has anyone modded a Nobleman for bass guitar?

Giorfida

I’ve been thinking, and have a nobleman board that I am going to build out shortly. I found the nobels odr1 to be perfect for adding some hair and depth to my bass guitar. One complaint though is that the spectrum knob seems to be centered on 6string. As such I’m thinking of doubling the cap values in the tone section, since I’m not looking to add or cut any available frequencies- just be able to shape them better for bass.
Anyone done this? Good idea or bad? And more importantly, am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Just talking outta my ass here, but if I’m not mistaken, you need to increase the value on the input cap, also.

Just talking outta my ass here, but if I’m not mistaken, you need to increase the value on the input cap, also.
I’ve thought that, but there is definitely enough low end response that I was hesitant on doing that for fear of changing the drive character. But it’s worth a try. May be a good idea to build it up and put flying leads where components to consider swapping and use my protoboard to try

Back