Ho hum, another op-amp big muff...

Pauleo1214

I posted in the past that i am a huge fan of Billy Corgan's Siamese Dream sound, of which the op-amp big muff gets you 95% there.

After building several dozen fuzzes, i really wanted to do an all in one build with too much gain. Therefore this build features a GPCB Emexar Distortion Plus running into the OP-amp BMP. This is followed by the Sonic Tonic EQ pedal. Cranking the low control brings in pleasing, thunderous bass that you can feel for lack of a better term

This is all capped off with an Afterblaster to add another gain stage for good measure. Cheers!

20220530_224154.jpg

20220530_224207.jpg

20220530_224238.jpg

Attachments

• 20220530_224238.jpg
    20220530_224238.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 1
You’ll be duct-taping your speaker with builds like that. ;)
Looks great sir!
Thunderous is probably a bad choice of hyerbole. There is a noticeable bass presence on this that is missing from most fuzzes!
Another fantastic build sir! Is that a hydro dip paint job? So why haven’t YOU posted in the biggest/most complex build thread?
I was completely unaware of there being such a thread! Damn! I was taking a short break because my got a nasty cat bite on my finger while volunteering at the shelter.

Another fantastic build sir! Is that a hydro dip paint job? So why haven’t YOU posted in the biggest/most complex build thread?
I forgot to mention, this is not dipped. I bought some metallic acrylic paints and squirted them randomly on a piece of wax paper. I then laid the enclosure over the paint and wrapped the paint around it to get a continuous flow of the random patterns.

Thunderous is probably a bad choice of hyerbole. There is a noticeable bass presence on this that is missing from most fuzzes!

I was completely unaware of there being such a thread! Damn! I was taking a short break because my got a nasty cat bite on my finger while volunteering at the shelter.
😻 for the pedal and its bassiness... and that you volunteer at a shelter,

😿 for the finger-bite. I hope it doesn't get infected and heals quickly.

😻 for the pedal and its bassiness... and that you volunteer at a shelter,

😿 for the finger-bite. I hope it doesn't get infected and heals quickly.
Thanks feral...my finger became pretty darn infected, pretty darn quick. I 've been on amoxicillin and doxycycline for the past two weeks.

The bite it almost healed at this point and there is still some swelling.

Back