How did I end up here!?

Diynot

A few boards here, a few boards there, a sale or two….. adds up to a lot of friggin builds. This will require multiple posts.
First is not a new build, but a rehouse. A PPCB Acetylene. This was acting as a preamp for a headphone amp, but in a search for a decent pre to be used in front of a DI I pulled it. It is a great sounding pedal, from low grit to full on distortion, plus chimey cleans. does it compare to an actual AC30? Meh? Never played one so I couldn’t say. That treble/top boost though can seriously cause some bleeding from the ears.
IMG_4086.jpeg IMG_4087.jpeg
Next is a combo build for a coworker a VFE Ice Scream built to Sherbert specs into a MBP Slow Loris (modified Rat) with an order switcher. If you know, you know. Option paralysis in the best way. VFE builds are always a challenge, but worth it. This thing rips. Spray can fade job with inkjet on waterslide. Hate that the ink doesn’t contrast more.
IMG_4125.jpeg IMG_4126.jpeg IMG_4127.jpeg
For the same coworker a “simple” A/B/Y box with a bypassable buffer. Does as advertised, but was only achieved through some cursing and ground switching gymnastics to get the buffer and clean signals to work right.
IMG_4136.jpeg IMG_4137.jpeg
Next, MBP Blue Steel built to Keeley specs. Liked the one I put in another combo build enough to build one for myself. Classic pedal and aside from using 5 J201s an easy enough build.
IMG_4139.jpeg IMG_4138.jpeg
Continued in next post:

And now the nameless/faceless/industrial collection
MBP Ego death. Damn this thing is great. Makes my tele soooo beefy and kills when pushed with my rangefinder in ab position 3. D9k diodes since that’s what I had on hand. Had to bend the mosfet to clear the jack. Build is technically for a 1590b with side jacks, but I went 125b and top jacks.
IMG_4141.jpeg IMG_4140.jpeg
And a MBP Slow Loris for myself since I am on a Rat kick. For the lack of aesthetic mojo she hides the ultimate mojo, a NOS metal can lm308😗. How does mojo compare to the OP07 Muroidea I just built? Def a difference, but that could totally be because the Slow Loris is a modded circuit. Meh.
IMG_4143.jpeg IMG_4142.jpeg
Next in the Rat fever category a PPCB Wave Cannon MKII. Does it Rat? Sure, but in a DRV/informant sort of way, still killer though. The havoc switch on mine takes awhile to kick in, but it is hella fun when it does. Playing with the volume knob gets you all sorts of whacky screeching.
IMG_4156.jpeg IMG_4157.jpeg
To Fuzz territory with a PPCB Cheesemonger. Wasn’t sure what to expect here and really only ordered the board because I had a spare 2p4t rotary. Glad I did though because there are really great fuzz/distortion tones in here. I don’t know what all the modes are, but am partial to mode 3. Also, who doesn’t need a giant ass knob that COULD invoke the image of a cheese wheel?
IMG_4158.jpeg IMG_4159.jpeg
Aaand an MBP Skoolie I needed more purple in my life apparently. Having built the Tourbus the build was familiar enough. Being cheap and not wanting to drop another $40 on chips, I recycled the Tourbus for this build (if anyone is interested in the Tourbus boards pm me). Sounds just as juicy and fantastic as the Tourbus, but now runs on standard 9v. I also opted for the extended modulation and man can it get wacky.
IMG_4155.jpeg IMG_4154.jpeg
One more after this….

Back