I still build sh*tty pedals

Diynot

So my build inertia has pretty well hit the wall, but I do still build some stuff. I have been pretty meh ab posting my bare bones builds. So why start now? Because reasons. First up is a Tearjerker Wah with all the Chuck D Bones bass mods:
IMG_4514.jpeg IMG_4515.jpeg IMG_4516.jpeg IMG_4511.jpeg
First let me say, if you are planning on building one DO NOT use a Vox wah shell. The board is just a few mm too big to fit comfortably and I had to cut the standoffs from the bottom of the enclosure and grind down the sides. Other than that, it was a pretty straightforward build. I scavenged the fasel from the crybaby board that came in the enclosure I used for my harbinger 2. The 2 pots are volume and Q. I also offboarded the DIP switches which is useful, but was tedious to execute. As for toans, it does its wah thing only with all the bass. the higher up on the voice selector can get pretty dubby. I did use a 200k wah pot and am thinking I might drop it to 100k just to see how that affects the range. To be honest though I prefer my FilterFX in LPF with an expression pedal.
Up next is an all frills Arachnid build with a custom eeprom:
IMG_4512.jpeg IMG_4513.jpeg

I added a clock module and a switch to access the internal fv-1 algorithms. Getting all that stuffed in was a bit of a chore, but it got there. I added washers to all the pots and switch to make more room for the mode toggle switch. Peacock ore box from SBP and a shoutout to @Fingolfen for spotting me the sixth knob I forgot to order. The eeprom has predominantly ambient reverb patches (shimmer, hypernova, etc) and a couple of “moody” delays. Will I ever use all the programs…..nah, but I do like having the access to them all.
Lastly, is the real reason I decided to do a report, a MBP Cosmopolitan:
IMG_4517.jpeg IMG_4518.jpeg
I had heard of Skreddy but never really paid much attention since somehow I was under the impression they did mostly big muff variants of which I am not a huge fan (no hate, just not for me), but then I ordered this board from Madbean simply because I had an extra NPN germ transistor hanging around. Holy crap this is a great sounding, versatile pedal! From gritty edge to full on wooly fuzz. I use it as my MORE gain pedal for roots rock style tones (now if I could just learn slide guitar…). The germ is a 2n2430 with an hfe of around 100 if remember correctly. I get saying “you need to build this” is very dependent on your rig and the tones you chase, but this is an easy bang for your buck that I think just ab anybody could find usable tones in. Aight, that’s it, that’s all folks. Go build something.

Back