Icar vs audio taper

Diynot

So I finally went and ordered the harbinger 2 board that I have debated over forever and am now collecting the parts. Amplified Parts has the wah shell and pots, but I need confirmation that a 100k audio wah pot (that AP carries) will be interchangeable for the ICAR pot called for in the build doc. Looking for the smoothest transition of speed unlike the fulltone MDV-3 that bunched up the speed change to the last bit of travel in toe down. @bean?
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/potentiometer-wah-replacement-pot-gear

I always understood an ICAR taper to be very linear – not exactly the same as a true linear pot but much more like a linear pot than an audio/logarithmic pot. So, while there may be others here more expert that will disagree with me, I would think that if you couldn’t find the ICAR pot, a linear pot would be a closer substitute. Not knowing anything about this specific circuit, obviously I have no idea whether using an audio pot with a somewhat different taper might have an adverse effect on the intended sound of the final product

thanks @mkstewartesq and @jimilee the build docs call for an ICAR. From the tiny bit of info I found online an ICAR is sort of an s curve with a variably (depending on brand) linear increase in the middle. I do see that Smallbear does have stock of the ICAR pot listed in the docs so I guess I will drop the change for that one.

Back