DEMO Improved bycatch module: ADHD Overdrive (Fulltone OCD 2.0)

This post contains an audio or video demo

Hetari Gotoh

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I had great fun researching and building this one. The new board design does an even better job at fueling your ADHD by not including any documentation as an added challenge. I loved it.

I decided to include R8 by flipping a coin and I used an A1M drive pot instead of an A500K, trusting the wisdom of the other OCD-owning forum users.

Most of my problems came with that clever and pretty improved bypass module: after the great hunt for the required components I messed up the alignment, semi-lifted a pad, spent an afternoon trying to troubleshoot a horrible whining noise.
An intense lurking session on this forum led me to discover that klon buffer cuircuits are very picky when it comes to their power source. And indeed, even in this case, using a good quality isolated power supply made the noise disappear.

haruna-furonto.jpg haruna-gattsu.jpg

Tayda UV printing for the enclosure, this time with no white layer since it's provided by the enclosure itself. The name and art are inspired by a certain singer/rhythm guitarist that goes by the name Haruna in a japanese rock band named Scandal. The Fulltone OCD has been the heart of her pedalboard for a long time.

The included demo is not really a demo, it's more of an improved masochism module for the readers of this build report.

Back