MadBean EgoDeath (Fulltone OCD)

MichaelW

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Here's another one that's a variant of a pedal I've already built, the ADHD.

It's a Fulltone OCD variant that seems to be well received and it's got some of the typical MPB tweaks.

The biggest challenge was getting it to fit into a 1590B with top jacks. @bean obviously doesn't share my obsession with top jacks hahahah.

It all fit but I'm not happy with the way it looks. Looks a bit like it's got a HUGE forehead a la Joseph Merrick.... :ROFLMAO:

I used a pair of Mullard OA09 Ge diodes. It sounds pretty good but I like the stock OCD (ADHD) a bit better.

IMG_5607.JPG

IMG_5608.JPG

I always gloss over the fact that a lot of the Madbean projects are for 1590b boxes. Good on you for getting it in there with top jacks. I did mine in a 125b and still had to finagle some components to get the top jacks in. I will agree that the pedal by itself is nice, but a little meh. I really liked mine a lot more when pushed with my Rangefinder. Give it a try and see if that sweetens the TOAN for you

I also don't like that I couldn't hide the wiring under the board like I usually do. But it was tight tight tight, too much stuff to snake the wires through the pots and switched.

Back