Infinity Press and Royalty Overrdrive

cooder

Last boxing ups before the big guy comes through the chimney. Have a Merry Christmas everyone, stay happy and safe!

First up is a cool wee collab with Dan @jjjimi84 . He nudged me to do a two in one pedal with his favourite boost and his favorite fuzz. How could I not oblige, sounds like a plan. The select switch goes from down position, lower row of knobbies, which is the excellent "Dan Boost" https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32634.msg313686#msg313686.
Switch up, upper row of controls is active, and it is a silicon Fuzz Face along the lines of Jimi Hendrix Axis Fuzz with some Analogman Sunface spice thrown in.
So it is either / or, not both in series or so. Meaning a very practical solution that in some songs you need a grunty versatile boost, in others a full on fuzz.
Design wise the 70ties wanted their colour schemes back... a fitting time warp. Dan and his son came up with the name "Infinity Press" during a wrestling match, he tells me, so it must be a pretty good move.
Tayda UV print, 125B cream enclosure.
There ya go. I guess I have to get Dan a board now so he can do a proper video of it...

wt7kL2n.jpg

EFl9s9p.jpg

tIKhOgy.jpg

xeNPDit.jpg

ltdgdNZ.jpg

GvJiUPt.jpg

Next one is the Royalty Overdrive, of nobel heritage so to speak. It is built after the Nordland ODR-C schematic as found on AionFX website, so it is the new iteration of Nobels ODR made by the same designer.
It's just an overdrive but boy does it have a few parts to squeeze in.
Maybe slightly over engineered, but hey, sounds great and very versatile too. I added relay bypass on board, it juuuuust fitted in.

TPF7lcw.jpg

czrQjxh.jpg

ndmKLai.jpg

3bLsFFa.jpg

4ekEHnd.jpg

Last edited:
Infinity Press is one of my sons signature moves. Basically when you are on the ropes and about out of it, he yells “infinity press” and kind of charges up his power and then savagely attacks.

Much like the pedal and what it does to the front end of an amp.

@cooder these are amazing and I cannot thank you enough for immortalizing “infinity press”.

This is such an awesome collaboration. Awesome work @cooder - as @fig said, this is what we all aspire to with this silly little hobby.

I hope we get to see some videos of these builds!

@jjjimi84 - for the demo of the infinity press we need to see the wrestling move in action 😂
@JamieJ i am trying to get him on camera for my duophase demo. He painted it and needs to explain to everyone the vicious creature on it.

@cooder do you think people will ever see demos of some of your stuff?!😉😜

Back