DEMO Ain't that a kick in the pants?

This post contains an audio or video demo

Pauleo1214

I am currently working through one of the most frustrating streaks of having consecutive issues with my builds. It's all I have not to give up.

This guy tried my patience. With the amount of boards I have fried I feel like I am opening my wallet only to have a gorilla come up and punch me in the nuts.

This one is for the fuzz lovers. One Shika fuzz into a triangular boost. The secret sauce is I have a switch on the transistor in the boost. It normally calls for a BC550 with a hfe of 100. Put in a BC517 with a hfe of 30,000 and it gets spitty and useless. Driven by a high gain fuzz you have yourself a nasty square wave bit fuzz.

Box of all EQ is there for additional boost and tone shaping. You feel this one in the balls for sure.

20240201_213800.jpg

20240201_213815.jpg

Just so I'm sure I understand, we're just changing the taper to anti-log, right?
Either the taper needs to change or the wiring does.

Stock calls for an A100k with lugs 1 and 2 connected to C5 and lug 3 connected to C5/Volume 3. The usable range was bunched up, so a C100k with the same wiring would add bass, right? Except more gradually.

I wired my pot like the JHS Superbolt’s Tone control and kept the A100k. It works just like a tone control now (CW is bright, CCW is bass) with plenty of usable range:

IMG_4910.jpeg

Back