Is power without Op-Amps damaging?

UtilityBeltFX

I plugged in a new pedal build to test it (Pathogen) and when it didn't work I realized that I forgot to install the Op-Amps in their sockets. After I did the pedal still didn't work, and now I'm wondering if I possibly damaged the circuit, or if it's just some unrelated screwup that I'm getting no sound. I built a couple of these and this is the only one that doesn't work so I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

Nope.
Pulling ICs is a common troubleshooting method when voltages are squirrelly.
As long as everything else is rated for the proper max voltage of the circuit, you're good.

Realizing you forgot to put in the socketed components is just one of the normal steps in the build process. It comes after plugging it in and before the cursing. And then comes the "oooohhh".
Could not for the life of me figure out why I got no bypassed AND no engaged signal out of an Aurum drive I built today.

Forgot to plug in the guitar.

Me last night: ok, sound in bypass. No sound engaged. And no Led lighting up. Let’s pull the board and see what’s oh right the power cord.
I've had a few occasions where I plugged in the power cord and everything else just fine... except for the power brick itself.

25 years of making noise and right to left signal flow still gets me on occasion.
Especially if I'm "behind" the pedal or it's upside down.
Input on the right, beside the output control.
I still hate it. I've read the logic at some point. But it's dumb.
I blame Boss because they drive on the wrong side of the road.

Back