Is there a board capable of this?

Diynot

Having ideas and need to get suggestions. Ideally this would be a 4 state intelligent relay channel switch off one footswitch. Want to use it for toggling 2 fx loops, state 1-both off 2-loop 1, 3-loop 2, 4-both on. Having the ability to have LEDs corresponding would be exceptional. Anyone seen something that can do this?

Definitely doable. The question is how you want to toggle via footswitch? Cycle across each mode in order? Number of taps per mode? Morse code?

The problem is all in how you plan to control via footswitch. Anything which isn’t cycle through modes means that you need to react on switch lift (instead of switch press). This is ok, but takes a bit to get it close to what you’re used to with switch press (and never quite gets there).

Definitely doable. The question is how you want to toggle via footswitch? Cycle across each mode in order? Number of taps per mode? Morse code?

The problem is all in how you plan to control via footswitch. Anything which isn’t cycle through modes means that you need to react on switch lift (instead of switch press). This is ok, but takes a bit to get it close to what you’re used to with switch press (and never quite gets there).
I think the easiest would be just 1 press to cycle to the next state. Doing # of taps per channel/state would def be cumbersome.

Then it's a practical exercise in sizing up a MCU (ATtiny processor), writing some code for it, and putting together a PCB. An ATtiny85 will handle it.

Ahh good ol' Samuel, one of my favourites along with Ionesco and Wilde.

I'm just throwing darts in the dark...

THCustom has a 5-band/loop relay-switcher (kit/PCB, build it with up-to-5 channels as required...

However, I think you can accomplish the same thing as the THCustom jobbie with PedalPCB's intelligent-relay Smart Switches ganged together.

Whether the THC unit or PPCB solution will do exactly what you need, I can't say for sure.

Then it's a practical exercise in sizing up a MCU (ATtiny processor), writing some code for it, and putting together a PCB. An ATtiny85 will handle it.
So do you think this would be possible with the PPCB DPDT intelligent relay board with a custom written ATtiny?

Actually, the intelligent relay may do it, since it daisy chains PCBs. Dunno if alternate code is required. It's a bit overkill, I guess you're looking for a solution where you don't need to make your own PCB.

It'd be doable with two Intelligent modules or possibly even one Intelligent module paired with one of the basic 555 controlled modules, but in either case it'd involve a code change.

You could even do it with a CD4017 (and no microcontroller) if you get creative.

Back