J201 Assistance

rocknerd

I'm wanting to build the Cobalt Driver, but I'm having trouble finding the J201 transistors. I notice the SOT23 boards for SMD, but I don't see headers to purchase to solder them to the PCB. Where can I find the appropriate headers for these boards? Is there a replacement option for the J201?

In the past I've used leftover legs from components but I have seen builds using different kinds of pin headers so there should be something that works out there

Leftover leads are the best as you can bend them to stand straight like a normal transistor... unless you can find right angle headers but it’s not really worth the investment.

I vote for cut off legs. With pin headers you may not be able to use sockets to mount the transistors. Pin header wire is quite thick.

T.

I'm wanting to build the Cobalt Driver, but I'm having trouble finding the J201 transistors. I notice the SOT23 boards for SMD, but I don't see headers to purchase to solder them to the PCB. Where can I find the appropriate headers for these boards? Is there a replacement option for the J201?

I used MPF4393 in my Covert build, they work great! As I mentioned in another post, you can get them from Electronic Goldmine, $5 for 5 FETs. A few days ago they were on sale: 5 for $3.50.

Back