Kliché Mini Noob Issues

Gsatterw

Hey guys - 2nd pedal build here and having a pretty bizarre issue - getting no difference with pedal 'on' vs 'off' - both are just my completely dry signal. LED works with switch. Checked continuity on the footswitch and that checks out. All 3 knobs do nothing with the LED on, or off. No change in volume, gain or tone. I've checked voltages at all 3 IC's and they are comparable within 0.3v of what others have posted. I did have all 3 installed backwards initially. Also had the LED backwards initially. My solders are certainly amateur. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. Many thanks in advance!

when you are getting sound with both positions for the footswitch, unplug the power from the pedal and see if you are still getting sound in both positions. goal is to confirm that the circuit is really switching to the PCB when the switch is activated and also taking the bypass out of the circuit.

When I unplug the power, no volume in either switch position. As an aside, I also noticed a bit more volume when bypassed vs when LED is on.
I forgot that pedal has a buffer. Do you have an audio probe? Plenty of discussion on the forums here about making them and using them. You should be getting the effected signal on S3 and the buffered signal on S1. The footswitch alternates connecting S2 to those two sources. I would suggest seeing if the sound at S3 is present, and whether it is altered when you rotate the pots.

Reactions: fig
I forgot that pedal has a buffer. Do you have an audio probe? Plenty of discussion on the forums here about making them and using them. You should be getting the effected signal on S3 and the buffered signal on S1. The footswitch alternates connecting S2 to those two sources. I would suggest seeing if the sound at S3 is present, and whether it is altered when you rotate the pots.
At the moment I don't have a probe. Looks like I'll be building one when I can find some time. Already have the link on how to build/use saved.

Did you double check you ceramic cap values ? C8 and C14 ?

They are both in the Opamp circuit, I had a similar problem with a Boost pedal where I put a 39u instead of a 390p, the pedal was not amplifying the sound and the tone had no impact either....

Reactions: fig
I think you will have better luck boxing it with the footswitch in the proper orientation. I would fix that before doing anything else, especially since it seems likely to be a switching issue.

Back